X

Thank you for sharing!

Your article was successfully shared with the contacts you provided.
Empty small local bar and restaurant in Oaks, Penn., March 27, 2020. Empty small local bar and restaurant in Oaks, Penn., March 27, 2020. (Source: Shutterstock)

Even with assistance from the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP), it appears that many small businesses and restaurants were hit hard by the COVID-19 pandemic. A new Small Business Financial Health Survey published earlier this week by Biz2Credit indicated that those enterprises will likely continue to have a rough road ahead of them as they adapt to the lingering virus.

Most businesses have already suffered a steep toll in the battle against COVID-19. Among the 300 small business owners surveyed who received funding from the PPP, 60% indicated that they were closed for part of 2020 due to the pandemic. Those same businesses experienced an 87% drop in revenue compared to 2019. Companies who remained open, on the other hand, only saw an average decline of 13%.

Complete your profile to continue reading and get FREE access to CUTimes.com, part of your ALM digital membership.

Your access to unlimited CUTimes.com content isn’t changing.
Once you are an ALM digital member, you’ll receive:

  • Critical CUTimes.com information including comprehensive product and service provider listings via the Marketplace Directory, CU Careers, resources from industry leaders, webcasts, and breaking news, analysis and more with our informative Newsletters.
  • Exclusive discounts on ALM and CU Times events.
  • Access to other award-winning ALM websites including Law.com and GlobeSt.com.

Already have an account?

Dig Deeper

 

Credit Union Times

Join Credit Union Times

Don’t miss crucial strategic and tactical information necessary to run your institution and better serve your members. Join Credit Union Times now!

  • Free unlimited access to Credit Union Times' trusted and independent team of experts for extensive industry news, conference coverage, people features, statistical analysis, and regulation and technology updates.
  • Exclusive discounts on ALM and Credit Union Times events.
  • Access to other award-winning ALM websites including TreasuryandRisk.com and Law.com.

Already have an account? Sign In Now
Join Credit Union Times

Copyright © 2021 ALM Media Properties, LLC. All Rights Reserved.