America First CU CEO Elected New Chairman of CU Direct
John Lund, president/CEO of the $5.8 billion America First Credit Union in Riverdale, Utah, was recently elected the new chairman of CU Direct Corp., a national lending service provider.
Lund has served on CU Direct’s board since 2005, according to the Ontario, Calif.-based CUSO.
Lund succeeds Joe Brancucci, president/CEO of the $1.6 billion GTE Financial in Tampa, Fla., who served as chairman of the CUSO from 2011 to May 2013. Brancucci, who has served on CU Direct’s board since 2004, will continue on in a new position as ex-officio on the board.
CU Direct said the company’s board of directors also elected Jeff March, president/CEO of the $1.9 billion Citadel Credit Union in Exton, Pa., as vice chairman of the board, and Nader Moghaddam, president/CEO of the $806 million Financial Partners Credit Unionin Downey, Calif., as the board’s secretary and treasurer. Company shareholders also elected Chuck Purvis, president/CEO of the $2.2 billion Coastal Federal Credit Union in Raleigh, N.C., to his first term as a director on the board. Previously, Purvis served on the board as an associate director.
Also serving on CU Direct’s board of directors are:
- Diana Dykstra, president/CEO of California Credit Union League
- David Reynolds, CEO of $7.2 billion Security Service FCU in San Antonio
- Barry Jolette, president/CEO of $745 million San Mateo CU in Redwood City, Calif.
- Sterling Nielsen, president/CEO of $3.5 billion Mountain America CU in West Jordan, Utah
- Donna Bland, president/CEO of $8.2 billion Golden 1 CU in Sacramento, Calif.
CU Direct said it held its board and new officer elections on May 21 during its annual lending conference in Las Vegas.