Hurricane Sandy: California/Nevada Leagues Pony Up for CUAid
The California and Nevada Credit Union Leagues have donated $10,000 to the CUAid program to assist those affected by Hurricane Sandy.
“Our thoughts go out to all those impacted by Hurricane Sandy, and we want to do our part to assist our colleagues and their members in their efforts to recover from this devastating storm,” said Leagues President and CEO Diana Dykstra.
CUAid is the only program of its kind that enables credit union employees, volunteers, and members, as well as credit unions and credit union organizations across the United States, to contribute directly to support other credit union people.
CUAid said earlier Wednesday that it had crossed the $100,000 mark in raising funds for storm relief this time around.
The National Credit Union Foundation coordinates with credit union leagues in the disaster area to distribute contributions to affected credit union employees and members.
- SANDY NEWS: Nov. 7, 2012: Bethpage FCU Up, Running, Giving
- SANDY NEWS: Nov. 7, 2012: Insurers Stay Busy as Athena Piles On
- SANDY NEWS: Nov. 7, 2012: NEFCU Offers Long Islanders Lending Help
- SANDY NEWS: Nov. 7, 2012: Anheuser-Busch Employees’ CU Steps Up
- SANDY NEWS: Nov. 7, 2012: BrightStar Raising, Matching Funds
- SANDY NEWS: Nov. 7, 2012: CUAid Crosses $100,000 Mark
- SANDY NEWS: Nov. 7, 2012: NY CUs Mostly Back in Business