Hurricane Sandy: Connecticut, Pennsylvania Re-Opening
The Pennsylvania Credit Union League in Harrisburg and the Credit Union League of Connecticut in Meriden said some areas of their states still have widespread power outages, but many credit unions have managed to reopen Wednesday.
Although credit unions are open in the central part of the state, credit unions in the east and south are still experiencing power outages, said Tony Emerson, president/CEO of the CULC.
“We put out several notices letting credit unions know that we are here to help them, if need be,” said Emerson. “None have called us for help as of yet. We also have several gracious credit unions around the state that have offered ‘temporary housing’ to those affected credit unions that may need it.”
There are widespread power outages in the Allentown, Reading and Bethlehem areas of Pennsylvania, said Diane Powell, PCUL’s director of communications. There are also some power outages in southeastern Pennsylvania.
The majority of credit unions in the state, however, seem to be operating with only a few reporting branch closings because of no power.
“There may be some small credit unions that we don’t know about, which haven’t reported closings or don’t use social media,” said Powell. “We have had no reports of flooding or structural damage at credit union branches that haven’t gotten to us yet, nor have we received requests for assistance.”
- SANDY NEWS: Oct. 31, 2012 New Jersey’s Largest CU Still Closed
- SANDY NEWS: Oct. 31, 2012 CUANY Activates Aid Fund
- SANDY NEWS: Oct. 31, 2012 Delaware Ducks Super Storm
- SANDY NEWS: Oct. 31, 2012 CO-OP Pledges $10,000 to CUAid
- SANDY NEWS: Oct. 31, 2012 Battered MCU Re-Opens Branches
- SANDY NEWS: Oct. 31, 2012 New Jersey CUs Begin to Re-Open
- SANDY NEWS: Oct. 31, 2012 SBA Working With FEMA
- SANDY NEWS: Oct. 31, 2012 NJ, NY Leagues Still Await Word
- SANDY NEWS: Oct. 31, 2012 NCUF Activates CUAid
- SANDY NEWS: Oct. 31, 2012 NYC Credit Unions Reeling, React
- SANDY NEWS: Oct. 31, 2012 McGraw-Hill FCU Opens in Aftermath