Thank you for sharing!

Your article was successfully shared with the contacts you provided.

ALBANY, N.Y. -Credit unions are going to get some good national publicity on Nov. 26. Empire Corporate FCU was recently selected by Pat Summerall Productions to be part of its “Champions of Industry” paid program television presentation on financial institutions. It will air on Nov. 26 at 7:00 a.m. Eastern time on the Discovery Channel. There will be several segments featuring different types of financial institutions. Empire will be featured on a six and a half minute segment that will focus on the philosophy and role of credit unions. Although Empire is a corporate CU, Empire said about 80% of the segment will focus on natural person CUs, with corporates coming up in the remaining 20%. Empire’s segment will feature Empire President/CEO Joe Herbst, Empire Chief Investment Officer Lee Ann Palladino, and Bruce Beaudette, Empire’s Chairman and President/CEO of Sunmark FCU, N.Y. The Empire segment is scheduled to be narrated by Summerall. “We are honored to be able to tell the `credit union’ story on national television.Our hope is to enlighten individuals whom may not know that credit unions exist as financial cooperatives,” said Victor Vrigian, SVP, PR/Marketing & Sales at Empire.

Complete your profile to continue reading and get FREE access to CUTimes.com, part of your ALM digital membership.

Your access to unlimited CUTimes.com content isn’t changing.
Once you are an ALM digital member, you’ll receive:

  • Critical CUTimes.com information including comprehensive product and service provider listings via the Marketplace Directory, CU Careers, resources from industry leaders, webcasts, and breaking news, analysis and more with our informative Newsletters.
  • Exclusive discounts on ALM and CU Times events.
  • Access to other award-winning ALM websites including Law.com and GlobeSt.com.

Already have an account?


Credit Union Times

Join Credit Union Times

Don’t miss crucial strategic and tactical information necessary to run your institution and better serve your members. Join Credit Union Times now!

  • Free unlimited access to Credit Union Times' trusted and independent team of experts for extensive industry news, conference coverage, people features, statistical analysis, and regulation and technology updates.
  • Exclusive discounts on ALM and Credit Union Times events.
  • Access to other award-winning ALM websites including TreasuryandRisk.com and Law.com.

Already have an account? Sign In Now
Join Credit Union Times
Live Chat

Copyright © 2022 ALM Media Properties, LLC. All Rights Reserved.