In an effort to address the ongoing coronavirus pandemic’s impact on credit unions and the economy, CUNA announced the formation of the “COVID-19 Restart and Recovery Task Force” on Friday.
According to a statement from CUNA, the task force is made up of 27 credit union industry leaders representing credit unions, leagues, credit union support organizations and CUNA staff members. The group will discuss strategies, resources and best practices for credit unions as state and local governments begin to lift stay-at-home orders and ease safety restrictions on business operations.
“The Credit Union System COVID-19 Restart and Recovery Task Force is intended to act as an indispensable resource and partner to the credit union movement as stakeholders balance member needs and staff well-being moving forward,” said CUNA Chief Engagement Officer Greg Michlig.
According to the information provided by CUNA, the task force will focus on operational matters, provide guidance and strategies for credit unions as they restart paused business lines and recover from the negative impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic.
“While our primary focus will be related to credit unions restarting their business operations, we also see opportunity for long-term strategies that will help foster growth throughout the movement,” Michlig said.
Members of the task force include the following:
- Jim Nussle, CUNA President/CEO
- Greg Michlig, CUNA Chief Engagement Officer
- Troy Stang, President/CEO, Northwest Credit Union Association (NWCUA), CUNA Board Chair
- Paul Marsh, Teachers CU President/CEO, CUNA Small Credit Union Committee Chair
- Lori Herrick, CEO, Manchester Municipal FCU
- Tim Anderson, President/CEO, United States Senate FCU
- Mary Madden, President/CEO, Hudson Valley FCU
- Lily Newfarmer, President/CEO, Tarrant County’s CU
- Sterling Nielsen, President/CEO, Mountain America CU
- Sam Whitehurst, President/CEO, Summit CU
- Brad Miller, Executive Director, American Association of Credit Union Leagues (AACUL)
- Diana Dykstra, President/CEO, California & Nevada Credit Union Leagues (CCUL), AACUL Chair
- Tracie Kenyon, President/CEO, Montana Credit Union League (MCUL)
- Jared Ross, President, League of Southeastern Credit Unions (LSC)
- Murray Williams, President/CEO, Iowa Credit Union League (ICUL)
- Gigi Hyland, Executive Director, National Credit Union Foundation (NCUF)
- Rob Purtell, SVP, Sales, CUNA Mutual Group
- Mark Meyer, President/CEO, Filene Research Institute
- Gail Tofil, SVP, Client Experience, CO-OP Financial Services
- Tony Boutelle, President/CEO, Origence
- Merry Pateuk, SVP, Industry Engagement, PSCU
- Ryan Donovan, CUNA Chief Advocacy Officer
- Jessica Hrubes, CUNA VP, Strategic Credit Union Relations
- Jill Tomalin, CUNA Chief Operating Officer
- Todd Spiczenski, CUNA Chief Products & Services Officer
- Jared Ihrig, CUNA Chief Compliance Officer
- Susan Parisi, CUNA Chief Corporate Counsel
According to CUNA, the task force will meet on a biweekly basis to discuss strategic priorities including business continuity, digital services and automation, staffing and operations and industry financial impact.