CUNA Brokerage Honors ‘Women of Distinction’
For their performance and value to their investment and insurance programs, CUNA Brokerage Services honored 29 financial advisers with its Women of Distinction awards Wednesday.
A program created by women, for women, Women of Distinction is an award recognizing the top performing female financial advisers within CBSI’s broker-dealer operation nationally, according to CUNA Mutual Group, its parent company.
The advisers were recognized during CBSI’s annual FOCUS conference taking place this week in St. Louis.
Candidates are nominated by industry peers, according to CUNA Mutual. Then, selections are based on the nominee’s annual performance and outlined contribution to their clientele, the credit unions they service, as well as the financial services industry as a whole.
Award recipients participate in a national mentoring program to work with other female advisers who are new to the industry as well as those who wish to grow in their profession.
The 2014 Women of Distinction recipients include:
- Melissa Acher – Purdue FCU – West Lafayette, Ind.
- Helen Alexander ChFC – Red Canoe CU – Longview, Wash.
- Emmor Boslet – Belco Community CU – Camp Hill, Pa.
- Julie Brand – FirstLight FCU – El Paso, Texas
- Jane Brockway – University of Illinois ECU – Champaign, Ill.
- Jody Brown – Summit CU – Madison, Wis.
- Marilyn Burell – CEFCU – Pekin, Ill.
- Cindy Sforza Buss – Schools First FCU – Fountain Valley, Calif.
- Kathy Chesney – Pacific Marine CU – Oceanside, Calif.
- Janeen Crane – Teachers CU – South Bend, Ind.
- Wendy Cundari – San Diego Metropolitan CU – San Diego
- Carol Diest – First Community FCU – Kalamazoo, Mich.
- Joey Dylla – Randolph Brooks FCU – Live Oak, Texas
- Bethel Ellis – The Tennessee CU – Nashville, Tenn.
- Marioreen Gibson – Neches FCU – Port Neches, Texas
- Leigh Glover – Southeast Financial CU – Brentwood, Tenn.
- Kim Hamblin – America First FCU – Ogden, Utah
- Tiffany Haupert – Beacon CU – Wabash, Ind.
- Joni Hootman – CEFCU – Canton, Ill.
- Anna Kamp – Anheuser-Busch ECU – St. Louis, Mo.
- Mary A LaFerriere – Novartis FCU – East Hanover, N.J.
- Juanita McCormick – Weokie CU – Oklahoma City, Okla.
- Wanda Miller – First New York FCU – Schenectady, N.Y.
- Stephanie Morales – Vantage West CU – Tucson, Ariz.
- Kim O'Donohue – CEFCU – Lincoln, Ill.
- Pamela Schwartz – Alcoa Tennessee FCU – Alcoa, Tenn.
- Kim Shirk – Heritage FCU – Newburgh, Ind.
- Jennifer Wagnerowski – Teachers CU – Mishawaka, Ind.
- Suzi Williams – Solarity CU – Yakima, Wash.