Hurricane Sandy: CUAid Passes $82,000 Mark
The National Credit Union Foundation said Friday afternoon that it had now raised more than $82,000 for Hurricane Sandy relief for credit union staff and members through the CUAid effort.
“The outpouring of support and assistance from credit union organizations in just a few days has been inspiring and amazing to behold,” said Christopher Morris, spokesman for the NCUF in Madison, Wis.
“I even heard from a mid-size credit union across the country in California today that is planning on holding ‘jeans days’ for staff starting next week to raise funds specifically for CUAid,” Morris said.
“The ‘people helping people’ philosophy is thriving this week,” he said.
Morris also noted that the New Jersey Credit Union League had posted the grant application for CUAid help at its website.
- SANDY NEWS: Nov. 2, 2012 Redwood CU Gathering Cross-Country Relief
- SANDY NEWS: Nov. 2, 2012 CUANY Reaches Out, Lights On in Yonkers
- SANDY NEWS: Nov. 2, 2012 New Jersey, Pennsylvania CUs Back Online
- SANDY NEWS: Nov. 2, 2012 Flower Power: Florists’ CU Reaches Out
- SANDY NEWS: Nov. 2, 2012 CUAid Crosses $65,000 Mark
- SANDY NEWS: Nov. 2, 2012 CO-OP Notes Shared Branching Effects
- SANDY NEWS: Nov. 2, 2012 NJ CUs Continue Slow Recovery