NCUA Board Chairman Debbie Matz announced Monday the agency’s plan to host Listening Sessions across the U.S. from May through July.
“What you have to say is important, and sometimes it helps to discuss issues face-to-face,” Chairman Matz told more than 4,000 officials at the CUNA Governmental Affairs Conference. “That is why, over the next three months, NCUA will hold Listening Sessions in all regions of the country. We want to hear directly from you about how we can improve our examination process, how we can reduce or streamline our regulations, and anything else that’s on your mind.”
The agency said participation is open to the first 150 people who register and that they will have opportunities to dialog with NCUA Board members, senior NCUA staff, and supervisory examiners from their region.
Matz’ itinerary for the sessions is as follows:
- May 2, 1-4 p.m., Boston, NCUA Region 1
- May 9, 1-4 p.m., Alexandria, NCUA Region 2
- June 5, 1-4 p.m., St. Louis, NCUA Region 4
- June 12, 1-4 p.m., Orlando, NCUA Region 3
- July 10, 1-4 p.m., San Diego, Region 2
- July 31, 1-4 p.m., Denver, NCUA Region 5