The Lancaster branches of the $366 million Belco Community Credit Union sold approximately 220 rubber ducks for the 23rd annual Rubber Duckie Race in the Conestoga River at Lancaster County Central Park in Pennsylvania. More than 23,000 of the pink, blue and yellow critters were dumped into the river for the recent race. Belco raised $780 for the effort. (Apparently no rubber ducks were injured in the event. And to keep things clean, organizers said, kayakers and canoeists followed the flock to move along any stragglers.)
Off to the (Rubber Duck) Races!
Want the latest credit union news?
Sign up for our free newsletter today! All the breaking credit union news and information you need to make the right decision for your credit union delivered to your inbox. For free!
Thanks for subscribing, you will start receiving the Daily News Alert tomorrow!
- The 4 Major Designs of the $100 Bill (Slide Show)
- Anonymous May 7 Target List Includes 12 Large Credit Unions
- Theresa Portillo Sentenced to 6½ Years in Prison for Looting Feminist CU
- WesCorp’s Legacy Losses Outpace Other Corporates
- Stacie Wyss-Schoenborn Seeks Innovation One Step at a Time: Women to Watch