Low-income credit unions can apply for technical assistance grants through the NCUA’s Community Development Revolving Loan Fund, the agency announced Tuesday.
Congress appropriated $1.25 million for the CDRLF program and the agency is adding $500,000. The funds can be used for:
- Improving the credit union’s overall operation and financial condition.
- Financial education and financial literacy programs.
- Delivering new services or expanding existing services.
- Training programs for staff members.
- Student internship and job creation programs.
- Ensuring the continued viability of a credit union experiencing unplanned costs.
- Programs to help credit union members prepare their tax returns.
The agency is accepting CDRLF grant applications through its Office of Small Credit Union Initiatives. More information on the program, including applications and deadlines, is online.