Filene Names New i3 Innovation Class
Filene Research Institute’s i3 innovation program, has once again received an infusion of new members.
Some 15 credit union executives have joined the program, which fosters the development of new ideas and innovations for credit unions.
Each new i3 member serves a two-year term, which kicks off this year off at Filene’s big.bright.minds event in October at Princeton University in New Jersey.
“If innovation were simply about ideas, our job would be a lot easier,” said Matt Davis, innovation director at the Madison, Wis.-based consumer finance think and do tank.
“Making ideas happen requires a rare skill set,” Davis said. “We look for credit union professionals who are passionate about fixing problems for consumers, have a track record of breathing life into new ideas, can excite others about their ideas and have the best chance of leading credit unions for the next generation.”
i3 members commit to testing and reporting on four innovation ideas, piloting two ideas in their credit unions, attending two national meetings per year, and participating in regular group work.
More than 20 former i3 members have gone on to be CEO of a credit union or system organization, Filene said.
Here’s a list of the latest i3 members:
- Laurie Butz, Senior Vice President, Human Resources, Community First Credit Union
- Scott Coe, Senior Vice President, Marketing, CoastHills Federal Credit Union
- Douglas Ebner, Manager, Business Technology & Innovation, First West Credit Union
- Kathi Goodell, Project Coordinator, NorthCountry Federal Credit Union
- Mark Hamid, Vice President - Chief of Retail Operations, Fort Lee Federal Credit Union
- Jeremy Hayes, Senior Vice President, Assemblies of God Credit Union
- Rachel Langtry, Vice President of Marketing and Communications, Credit Union 1
- Rob Lefkowicz, Vice President of Member Service Delivery, Park Side Federal Credit Union
- Evelyn Royer, Vice President Risk Management, Purdue Federal Credit Union
- Serese Selanders, VP Sales and Development, Affinity Credit Union
- Jennifer Sider, Development Officer, Duke University Federal Credit Union
- Matt Vance, Sr. Product Development Supervisor, Salal Credit Union
- Suzanne Weinstein, CFO, Orlando Federal Credit Union
- Jennifer Wolfe, AVP, Business Systems Delivery, Partners Federal Credit Union
- Brett Wooden, SVP of Marketing + Innovation, Cy-Fair Federal Credit Union