Filene Welcomes Three New Research Council Members
Three credit union executives known for promoting banking technology have joined Filene Research Institute’s research council, the Madison, Wis., think tank said.
As members of the council, Linda Bodie of Element FCU, Bob Morgan of North Country FCU and Eileen Rivera of SkyOne FCU will help to plan Filene’s research topics, pilot Filene innovations at their credit unions, and contribute data and insights to researchers, said the Madison, Wis.-based organization.
Mark Meyer, CEO of Filene, said the new members were selected because of their commitment to technology and innovation.
“When searching out new candidates for the research council, we look for credit union leaders with a clear track record of innovation,” Meyer said.
“These three leaders play integral roles in continuing the advancement of the credit union movement. There’s no better way for us to set and adjust our research agenda than by doing it with those that will use the research,” Meyer said.
- Bodie, Chief + Innovator at the $28 million Element Federal in Charleston, W. Va., has helped to digitize 99% of the 4,600-member credit union’s paper, streamlined business processes with technology and implemented electronic check deposit services.
- Morgan, CEO at the $428 million, 30,000-member North Country in Burlington, Vt., is a Filene i3 alum and has CSE and CCE designations from the CUES Center for Applied Executive Management and the CUES CEO Institute. He previously served as chair of the Association of Vermont Credit Unions’ social responsibility and government relations committees.
- Rivera, president and CEO at $365 million, 28,000-member SkyOne n Hawthorne, Calif., is a board member of the California Credit Union League and the RMJ Foundation’s board, which promotes financial literacy. She is a member of the CUNA awards committee, CUES and credit union advisory board for the Children’s Hospital Los Angeles.
Filene’s research council also includes these members:
- Gerry Agnes, Elevations Credit Union, Boulder, Colo.
- Thomas Boos, Billings Federal Credit Union, Billings, Mont.
- Chris Catliff, North Shore Credit Union, North Vancouver, British Columbia
- Gary Clark, Missoula Federal Credit Union, Missoula, Mont.
- David Clendaniel, Dover Federal Credit Union, Dover, Del.
- Tom DeWitt, State Farm Federal Credit Union, Bloomington, Ill.
- Eric Dillon, Conexus Credit Union, Regina, Saskatchewan
- Paul Ebisch, Assemblies of God Credit Union, Springfield, Mo.
- Gary Easterling, United Federal Credit Union, Saint Joseph, Mich.
- Bob Falk, Purdue Federal Credit Union, West Lafayette, Ind.
- Susan Frank, Desert Schools Federal Credit Union, Phoenix
- Teresa Freeborn, Xceed Financial Credit Union, El Segundo, Calif.
- Laida Garcia, floridacentral Credit Union, Tampa, Fla.,
- Kathi Gill, Neighbors Federal Credit Union, Baton Rouge, La.,
- Chris Jillson, Sandia Laboratory Federal Credit Union, Albuquerque, N.M.
- Mary Madden, Hudson Valley Federal Credit Union, Poughkeepsie, N.Y.
- Kyle Markland, Affinity Plus Federal Credit Union, Saint Paul, Minn.
- Brett Martinez, Redwood Credit Union, Santa Rosa, Calif.
- Angela McCathran, People's Trust Credit Union, Houston
- Shruti Miyashiro, Orange County's Credit Union, Santa Ana, Calif.
- Stan Moeckli, Electro Savings Credit Union, St. Louis
- Bob Morgan, North Country Federal Credit Union, South Burlington, Vt.
- Lily Newfarmer, Tarrant County Credit Union, Fort Worth, Texas
- Angie Owens, American Airlines Federal Credit Union, Fort Worth, Texas
- Steve Post, VSECU, Montpelier, Vt.
- Bill Raker, US Federal Credit Union, Burnsville, Minn.
- Barry Shaner, Directions Credit Union, Toledo, Ohio
- Launi Skinner, First West Credit Union, Surrey, British Columbia
- Maurice Smith, Local Government Federal Credit Union, Raleigh, N.C.
- David Snodgrass, Lake Trust Credit Union, Brighton, Mich.,
- Eugene Szymczak, Educators Credit Union, Racine, Wis.
- Kim Sponem, Summit Credit Union, Madison, Wis.
- Glene Strebe, Academy Federal Credit Union, Colorado Springs, Colo.
- Robert Stuart, OnPoint Community Credit Union, Portland, Ore.
- Doug True, Forum Credit Union, Indianapolis, Ind.
- Mike Valentine, Baxter Credit Union, Vernon Hills, Ill.
- and Jeff York, Coast Hills Federal Credit Union, Lompoc, Calif.