World Council Extends Application Deadline for Costa Rica Trip
The deadline has been extended to April 30 for U.S. credit union professionals to apply for the International Credit Union Leadership program that will be hosted in Costa Rica in June.
Sponsored by the World Council of Credit Unions in Madison, Wis., the program enables emerging credit union leaders to serve in a short-term internship that will help broaden their professional expertise.
The program is designed to facilitate idea exchanges, promote foreign language development, enhance cultural diversity and improve problem-solving as they relate to global credit union development and management. The program also focuses on helping credit unions find new ways to attract young members, according to the World Council.
Staff and board members from credit unions, leagues, corporates, CUNA, CUNA Mutual and CUSOs are eligible to apply. Applicants should meet the following selection criteria:
- Demonstrate personal commitment and the ability to significantly influence the credit union
- Show leadership and entrepreneurial skills and demonstrate how personal initiative has contributed to the credit union's development
- Exhibit the potential to advance the national or international credit union system through initiatives that would also help the development of his or her community
- Be actively involved as an employee or board member of a credit union or organization affiliated with the World Council through CUNA or a league.
- Be available to travel on the specific dates outlined by the program
- Not be a World Council employee or board member
- Have a career trajectory within the credit union industry
- Intermediate Spanish-language skills (ideal but not necessary)
More information and an application form are on the International Credit Union Leadership Program home page.