The National Credit Union Foundation has received a $135,000 gift from one its longtime supporters, CUNA Mutual Group.
The funds will be used by the NCUF general fund and for credit union development education, the organizations said.
“The NCUF’s renewed focus on consumer financial education, training of Credit Union Development Educators and its outreach to the young and elderly to help prepare them for their future or retirement aligns closely with CUNA Mutual Group’s mission,” said Jeff Post, president/CEO of CUNA Mutual in Madison, Wis.
"Our work to help improve consumer financial independence would not be possible without the continuing support of organizations like CUNA Mutual Group,” said Wendell “Bucky” Sebastian, foundation executive director.
Also from 2013 GAC:
- Feb. 26, 2013 Day 2 Slide Show: Speechifying and Gavel Passing
- Feb. 26, 2013 Bachus Says Congress May Revisit Durbin, Dodd-Frank
- Feb. 26, 2013 Hensarling Stands by Tax Exemption
- Feb. 26, 2013 Day 1 Slide Show: Brokaw, Chatzky and Award Winners
- Feb. 26, 2013 Kids Add Zing to Wegner Award Winners
- Feb. 25, 2013 Tom Brokaw Promotes Public Service Academies
- Feb. 25, 2013 Chip Filson Announces NCUA Board Bid, Petition Drive
- Feb. 25, 2013 Matz Praises Agency’s Ability to Change With Times
- Feb. 25, 2013 CUNA Mutual Debuts AskAuto App at GAC
- Feb. 25, 2013 CUNA Survey Shows Room for Exam Improvement
- On Video: Shell Geismar CEO Has Tech Tools on His GAC Agenda
- On Video: Arizona State SVP Has Washington on His Mind
- On Video: Flying Freeborn to DC for GAC
- On Video: Halleck and Hiking the Hill
- On Video: Muniz’s Message to Washington
- Not for CEOs: Successful Succession Topic of GAC Talk