The NCUF announced the election at its meeting this week in Anaheim, Calif., along with other board changes.
The foundation elected John Radebaugh, president/CEO for the North Carolina Credit League, vice chairman; Lee Butke, president/CEO for the $6 billion Corporate One FCU in Columbus, Ohio, treasurer; and Winona Nava, president/CEO for the $124 million Guadalupe CU in Santa Fe, N.M., secretary.
“Laida has been a tremendous asset to the foundation board over the past few years,” said Bucky Sebastian, NCUF executive director and himself a former Tampa credit union CEO. “I look forward to her leadership and to working with her to help even more consumers achieve financial freedom through our programs and grants.”
Garcia commented, “Board chairs before me have laid a solid foundation for NCUF and I hope to follow in that same tradition. We have an excellent board and executive director, and together we will continue to fulfill our mission as the philanthropic arm of the credit union movement.”
The board also elected Angela McCathran, president/CEO for the $438 million People’s Trust FCU in Houston, Texas, to fill the seat of the recently retired BECU President/CEO Gary Oakland, who also stepped down as board chair. Edwin Williams, president/CEO for the $130 million Discovery FCU in Wyomissing, Pa., replaced former New Jersey Credit Union League President/CEO Paul Gentile as a CUNA board representative.
The NCUF’s 13 voting seats comprise representatives of natural person credit unions, national organizations serving credit unions, corporate credit unions, state credit union foundations, state leagues and one at-large position. The other board members are:
- Bill Cheney, president/CEO for CUNA
- John Graham, president/CEO for Kentucky Employees CU in Frankfort, Ky.
- John Gregoire, president for The ProCon Group in Madison, Wis.
- Joe Guilfoy, executive director for the Indiana Credit Union Foundation and vice president of consulting and education for the Indiana Credit Union League
- Rudy Hanley, president/CEO for SchoolsFirst FCU in Santa Ana, Calif.
- Stan Hollen, president/CEO for CO-OP Financial Services in Rancho Cucamonga, Calif.
- Christopher Roe, senior vice president of corporate and legislative affairs for CUNA Mutual Group in Madison, Wis.
- Mark Twisdale, senior vice president of human resources for State Employees’ Credit Union in Raleigh, N.C.