Unitus Community Credit Union of Portland, Ore., lost longtime board member last week when as Barbara Leonard passed away. Leonard had served on Unitus’ board of directors for more than 20 years, including a term as board chair. She was 65 years old. “Barbara was truly one of a kind. She was passionate about life and poured her heart and soul into each and every opportunity she pursued,” said Unitus President/CEO Patricia Smith. “Everyone who had the privilege of knowing and serving with her can testify to her dedication, her enthusiasm and her generous spirit. She was simply one of Portland’s best and she will be deeply missed.” Leonard was a prominent figure among Portland’s professional and charitable networks. She enjoyed success in her more than 30 years with US West Communications, but her greatest passion was helping others.
Director Barbara Leonard at Unitus Community CU: In Memoriam
Want the latest credit union news?
Sign up for our free newsletter today! All the breaking credit union news and information you need to make the right decision for your credit union delivered to your inbox. For free!
Thanks for subscribing, you will start receiving the Daily News Alert tomorrow!
- The 4 Major Designs of the $100 Bill (Slide Show)
- Anonymous May 7 Target List Includes 12 Large Credit Unions
- Theresa Portillo Sentenced to 6½ Years in Prison for Looting Feminist CU
- WesCorp’s Legacy Losses Outpace Other Corporates
- Stacie Wyss-Schoenborn Seeks Innovation One Step at a Time: Women to Watch