The $191 million Service 1st Federal Credit Union raised $750 at its second annual chili cook-off, this year donating the funds to AGAPE of Bloomsburg, Pa., for people hurt by the devastating fall floods. “It is essential to look past the boundaries of business and recognize that these aren’t just our members, these are our neighbors, friends and family and they need our help.” said Bill Lavage, CEO of the Danville, Pa., credit union. Employees of the 20,000-member credit union donated their time, money and chili-cooking talents and commemorative T-shirts also were sold as the community was invited over to savor the fare.
Cooking for a Cause
Want the latest credit union news?
Sign up for our free newsletter today! All the breaking credit union news and information you need to make the right decision for your credit union delivered to your inbox. For free!
Thanks for subscribing, you will start receiving the Daily News Alert tomorrow!
- The 4 Major Designs of the $100 Bill (Slide Show)
- Anonymous May 7 Target List Includes 12 Large Credit Unions
- Theresa Portillo Sentenced to 6½ Years in Prison for Looting Feminist CU
- WesCorp’s Legacy Losses Outpace Other Corporates
- Stacie Wyss-Schoenborn Seeks Innovation One Step at a Time: Women to Watch