Voters in the credit union community have whittled the CUES Next Top Credit Union Exec challenge applicants down to six regional finalists.
The finalists, headed to the CUES CEO/Executive Team Network in Las Vegas, Nov. 6-9 courtesy of CUES, represent the following regions:
- WEST: Jay Hansen, BECU, Seattle
- MIDWEST: Amanda Thomas, Members First CU, Columbus, Ohio
- NORTHEAST: Alexia Mavrakes, Aspire FCU, Clark, N.J.
- SOUTHWEST: Christopher Byrd, Associated Credit Union of Texas, League City, Texas
- SOUTHEAST: Josh McAfee, Leaders Credit Union, Jackson, Tenn.
- CANADA: Devin Selte, Servus Credit Union, Edmonton, Alberta
From now through October, the six finalists will share their project progress from triumphs to challenges, via two blog posts a month and three videos on the NTCUE blog.
In November, they will then face off during the conference for the grand prize, a CUES educational package valued at $20,000 and of course, the bragging rights of being named the 2011 Next Top Credit Union Exec.
This is the second year CUES has issued the NTCUE challenge to young professionals under the age of 35. Last year’s winner was Tina Hall from Verity Credit Union of Seattle.