ST. PAUL, Minn. - With the help of Harmon Killebrew, Minnesota Twins Hall of Famer, Twin City Co-ops Federal Credit Union gave its new downtown St. Paul branch a "Home Opener" experience in style. Held on "Opening Day" of the Minnesota Twin's 2006 baseball season, the grand opening event, which also doubled as a fundraiser for the Harmon Killebrew Foundation and the Minnesota Twins Community Fund, helped capture the enthusiasm of TCU members and baseball fans alike. The event raised nearly $10,000 in three hours. One of the highlights of the day was an "Autograph Battle" between Killebrew and a sports reporter from the local NBC affiliate. The sports reporter tried his hardest to get people to want his autograph over Killebrew's, but eventually he had to concede the contest.
It's `Opening Day' for Twin City
Want the latest credit union news?
Sign up for our free newsletter today! All the breaking credit union news and information you need to make the right decision for your credit union delivered to your inbox. For free!
Thanks for subscribing, you will start receiving the Daily News Alert tomorrow!
- The 4 Major Designs of the $100 Bill (Slide Show)
- Anonymous May 7 Target List Includes 12 Large Credit Unions
- Theresa Portillo Sentenced to 6½ Years in Prison for Looting Feminist CU
- WesCorp’s Legacy Losses Outpace Other Corporates
- Stacie Wyss-Schoenborn Seeks Innovation One Step at a Time: Women to Watch