COLUMBIA, S.C. - Lt. Gen. Garry L. Parks, president and CEO of the South Carolina Credit Union League and Affiliates, is a finalist for the presidency of The Citadel, the historic state military college in Charleston, the league has confirmed. Parks, a 35-year veteran who retired from the Marines as Deputy Commandant for Manpower and Reserve Affairs, is one of six finalists for the presidency. The school will be interviewing finalists during the next two weeks, the newspaper reported Friday. Parks is a 1969 graduate of The Citadel. He was named League CEO last summer. According to South Carolina League Director, Communications and Public Relations Brandon Pugh, Parks informed staff about his candidacy. Parks did not seek out the job, he was nominated by the Marine Corps.
South Carolina League CEO Parks in Running for The Citadel's Top Spot
Want the latest credit union news?
Sign up for our free newsletter today! All the breaking credit union news and information you need to make the right decision for your credit union delivered to your inbox. For free!
Thanks for subscribing, you will start receiving the Daily News Alert tomorrow!
- The 4 Major Designs of the $100 Bill (Slide Show)
- Anonymous May 7 Target List Includes 12 Large Credit Unions
- Theresa Portillo Sentenced to 6½ Years in Prison for Looting Feminist CU
- WesCorp’s Legacy Losses Outpace Other Corporates
- Stacie Wyss-Schoenborn Seeks Innovation One Step at a Time: Women to Watch