HARRISBURG, Pa. - Gov. Mark Schweiker named Paul Wentzel Jr. to be Acting Secretary of the Department of Banking, effective August 30. Wentzel has been with the Department of Banking since 1981, serving as executive assistant through three Administrations. Before coming to the department, he served as Research Analyst for the House Business and Commerce Committee. Pennsylvania Credit Union League Vice President of Governmental Affairs Jan Hartman said Wentzel "brings a wealth of knowledge and experience to the Secretary's position. Governor Schweiker has made an excellent choice and credit unions look forward to working with him." League Senior VP/General Counsel Rick Wargo described Wentzel as "a good friend and valuable resource for the Commonwealth's credit unions. "
Wentzel named Pennsylvania Acting Secretary of Dept. of Banking
Want the latest credit union news?
Sign up for our free newsletter today! All the breaking credit union news and information you need to make the right decision for your credit union delivered to your inbox. For free!
Thanks for subscribing, you will start receiving the Daily News Alert tomorrow!
- The 4 Major Designs of the $100 Bill (Slide Show)
- Anonymous May 7 Target List Includes 12 Large Credit Unions
- Theresa Portillo Sentenced to 6½ Years in Prison for Looting Feminist CU
- WesCorp’s Legacy Losses Outpace Other Corporates
- Stacie Wyss-Schoenborn Seeks Innovation One Step at a Time: Women to Watch