I just opened my November 7th Credit Union Times and flipped to Mike Welch's weekly publisher's column. I didn't even need to read it. The headline, "Bite the bullet and split NCUA/NCUSIF," says it all. I agree with the headline 100%! Conceptually I don't have a problem with the two (NCUA & NCUSIF) in one, since there is so much inherent overlap. In fact, if they had never been together, Id suggest they try it. But what we have here is a management issue, one that's all too common in government. What we need is accountability and cost control. And this thing about the transfer rate, don't even get me started! Dean Wickstrom President Realtors Credit Union Minneapolis, Minn.
NCUA/NCUSIF is a management issue
Want the latest credit union news?
Sign up for our free newsletter today! All the breaking credit union news and information you need to make the right decision for your credit union delivered to your inbox. For free!
Thanks for subscribing, you will start receiving the Daily News Alert tomorrow!
- The 4 Major Designs of the $100 Bill (Slide Show)
- Anonymous May 7 Target List Includes 12 Large Credit Unions
- Theresa Portillo Sentenced to 6½ Years in Prison for Looting Feminist CU
- WesCorp’s Legacy Losses Outpace Other Corporates
- Stacie Wyss-Schoenborn Seeks Innovation One Step at a Time: Women to Watch