20 Credit Union Execs Join Filene's i3
Filene Research Institute has welcomed a new crop of 20 credit union executives into its i3 innovation program.
Created as away to give credit unions an innovative edge, ideas developed in the i3 program and tested through Filene’s innovation lab have included Prize-Linked Savings, Debt in Focus/SavvyMoney, Savings Revolution, Just4You and eBrochure/Leeflet.
Each i3 member serves a two-year term and commits to building and testing several innovation concepts, piloting two ideas in their credit unions, attending two national meetings per year, and participating in regular group work. Their term will begin during Filene’s big. bright. minds. event this November at the University of Arizona.
In the first decade of the PSCU-supported program, more than 20 former i3 members have gone on to become CEOs of a credit union or system organization, according to Filene.
“These executives join i3 at a point in our movement's history where innovation is critical,” Andrew Downin, innovation director at Filene, said. “Credit unions face non-traditional competitors, disruptive technologies and increasing demands from consumers. This perfect storm of impacts requires that our industry adopt innovative thinking like never before. These i3’ers are going to lead the way.”
Introducing the newest i3 members:
- Keon Conerly – AVP of Research and Development – University Of Illinois Employees Credit Union
- Christopher Danvers – VP, Payments & Digital Services – American Airlines Federal Credit Union
- Bret Davis – Application Development Manager – Patriot Federal Credit Union
- Jason Deitz – VP, Business Development and Facilities – Smart Financial Credit Union
- Larry Flory – Chief Information Officer – CommonWealth One Federal Credit Union
- Steve Fukumoto – Manager BSA Officer/Enterprise Risk – SchoolsFirst Federal Credit Union
- Ericka Gorman – Sr. Manager, Credit Product Strategy – Alliant Credit Union
- Lamar Heyward – Innovation Strategist – Local Government Federal Credit Union
- Chad LaFlash – Research & Development Director – University of Wisconsin Credit Union
- Jason Lindstrom – Chief Marketing Officer – Belvoir Federal Credit Union
- Jennifer Meyers – SVP, Finance – Westerra Credit Union
- Rebekah Monroe – Marketing Manager – Christian Financial Credit Union
- Taylor Murray – Regional Director, Service Centers – Baxter Credit Union
- Aaron Palmer – VP/Chief Lending Officer – TwinStar Credit Union
- Brooke Rogers – VP, Member Call Centers – Coastal Federal Credit Union
- Matthew Schewe – VP, Member Experience – City & County Credit Union
- Andy Sulentic – Branch Manager – BlueShore Financial
- Tammy Williams – EVP, Innovation and Culture – CitizensFirst Credit Union
- Ryan Yates – VP, Marketing & Sales - ZenBanx
- Melina Young – Director of Marketing – Verity Credit Union