CO-OP Pays for 16 Scholarships to CUNA Community Confab
CO-OP Financial Services has sponsored scholarships for 16 credit union professionals to join the 2013 CUNA Community Credit Union & Growth Conference in Uncasville, Conn., next month.
Each recipient was selected after submitting applications before the deadline and meeting certain criteria. This marks the fourth year in a row that CO-OP Financial Services has awarded scholarships for the conference.
“Over the last four years, individuals from dozens of credit unions that would not otherwise be represented have been able to attend CCUC and apply conference takeaways to directly strengthen the credit union movement,” said Todd Spiczenski, senior vice president of the CUNA Center for Professional Development in a press release issued on Wednesday.
“Thanks to CO-OP Financial Services’ continued generosity, the CCUC message will be once again amplified by the insight and dedication of this year’s scholarship winners.”
Attendees of the CUNA Community Credit Union & Growth Conference, taking place Oct. 8 through 11, will “create ready-to-implement action plans to help their credit union reach its full potential,” according to the press release.
The four winners of the 2013 Community Credit Union of the Year Award will also be announced at the conference.
The 2013 scholarship recipients are:
- Megan Armstrong, chief operating officer of the $42 million Saratoga's Community FCU, New York.
- Jim Bounds, vice president of operations at the $267 million Coastal Community and Teachers CU, Texas.
- Eric Bruen, chief executive officer of the $23 million Desert Valleys FCU, California.
- Debbie Bullock, vice president of marketing & human resources at the $108 million Martin FCU, Florida.
- Asaf Carmeli, vice president of human resources at the $232 million Scient FCU, Connecticut.
- Phillip Dunaway, president of the $187 million Land of Lincoln CU, Illinois.
- Clayton Fuchigami, president/chief executive officer of the $60 million Maui FCU, Hawaii.
- Sherry Holliman, director of the $103 million Northeast Arkansas FCU, Arkansas.
- Michael Mayhew, director of the $332 million Baltimore County EFCU, Maryland.
- Nancy Montie, chief executive officer of the $65 million Besser CU, Michigan.
- Deloris Ransom, manager of the $122,294 Salem Baptist FCU, New Jersey.
- Lynn Sabatino, vice president of the $28 million Members CU, Connecticut.
- Nancy Sieller, chief operating officer of the $38 million Torrington Municipal & Teachers FCU, Connecticut.
- Laura Sorensen, vice president of marketing at the $175 million SageLink CU, Michigan.
- Carla Waldo, chief executive officer of the $14 million Mills42 FCU, Massachusetts.
- Michael Waylett, president of the $44 million Vision Financial FCU, North Carolina.