Seven Tips to Prevent DDoS Attacks
- Eliminate unnecessary data, and keep tabs on what’s left.
- Perform regular checks to ensure that essential controls are met.
- Collect, analyze, and share incident data to create an effective information-security resource.
- Analyze and share tactical threat intelligence, especially indicators of compromise.
- Along with prevention, focus on faster detection through people, processes, and technology.
- Regularly measure factors such as number of compromised systems and mean time to detection and use these numbers to drive better practices.
- Evaluate the threat landscape to develop a customized security strategy.
Source: 2013 Verizon Data Breach Investigations Report, CUNA Credit Union E-Scan
Read more in the Aug. 28 Back-Office Technology Focus Report: