Directions CU Marks 60th Year
Directions Credit Union is commemorating 60 years of serving members.
Since 1953, the Sylvania, Ohio-based credit union has evolved from a small, single-parish credit union to one of the largest credit unions in Ohio. It was 60 years ago when a group of parishioners from St. Clement’s Church, along with their pastor, had the idea of forming a credit union. The Toledo St. Clement Credit Union operated from inside the St. Clement’s Church office and deposits were collected after Sunday mass in the back of the church. The goal was to simply provide a convenient place to deposit money and to make loans available at a lower rate of interest than at the banks or savings and loan companies.