The CUNA Human Resources and Training and Development Council has again recognized credit unions for implementing projects that have advanced employee engagement, health and wellness programs, online training and strategic leadership.
The 2013 Excellence Award winners from the CUNA HR/TD Council were:
- Employee Engagement: The $234 million Town & Country FCU in South Portland, Maine, which created an Employee Experience Team, led by HR and a group of employees, who volunteered their time to help execute various employee-centered activities and events that were reflective of the needs and desires of the staff.
- Employee Engagement: The $599 million Member One FCU in Roanoke, Va., which developed “Using the Humanities to Give Business Training a Soul” program, a diverse offering of courses related to sales, soft skills, economics and leadership that are business related but humanities based. Each program involves music, poetry, literature, the fine arts, history or dance.
- Employee Engagement: The $3.5 billion Mountain America CU in West Jordan, Utah, produced in-house training videos that demonstrated a real-life environment utilizing a medium attractive and engaging to an employee audience.
- HR/TD Management Practices: The $460 million Marion and Polk Schools Credit Union in Salem, Ore., developed a “To the Olympics and Beyond / Health and Wellness” program, a multi-year implementation of a defined wellness initiative concluding with a companywide “Walk to the London Olympics” program.
- HR/TD Management Practices: The $593 million Red Canoe Credit Union in Longview, Wash., that created a “Commit to be Fit” program, a multi-year wellness initiative focusing on whole-body wellness with a year-long commitment to personal happiness.
- HR/TD Management Practices: MACU won another award for its “IRA ELearning Suite,” which successfully converted an entire operational training class to eLearning. The set of courses are 24/7 accessible, provide a consistent message and can be revised as needed.
- HR/TD Strategic Leadership: The $234 million Town & Country FCU in South Portland, Maine initiated an online banking conversion initiative that leveraged an “all-in approach” with employee focus groups, volunteer subject matter experts and theme days that enabled the credit union to complete a fast and efficient online conversion program.
- HR/TD Strategic Leadership: The $1.6 billion University of Wisconsin Credit Union in Madison, Wis., established an “emerging leader” program to develop internal candidates for leadership roles through a 12-month program focusing on introducing candidates to leadership success criteria, corporate strategy, core functions and specific training on learning imperatives.
The Excellence Award winners were recognized at CUNA HR/TD Council’s annual conference held last month in Anaheim, Calif.