Employees, credit union members and other community members donated 24 pints of blood during a Jan. 16 blood drive at an office of the 19-branch, $1.7 billion Robins Federal Credit Union in Warner Robins, Ga. The American Red Cross had recently issued an emergency notice due to dwindling blood supplies. The organization says each unit of blood can save up to three lives, so potentially 72 lives were saved that day at the credit union.
It Didn’t Hurt, Really
Want the latest credit union news?
Sign up for our free newsletter today! All the breaking credit union news and information you need to make the right decision for your credit union delivered to your inbox. For free!
Thanks for subscribing, you will start receiving the Daily News Alert tomorrow!
- The 4 Major Designs of the $100 Bill (Slide Show)
- Anonymous May 7 Target List Includes 12 Large Credit Unions
- Theresa Portillo Sentenced to 6½ Years in Prison for Looting Feminist CU
- WesCorp’s Legacy Losses Outpace Other Corporates
- Stacie Wyss-Schoenborn Seeks Innovation One Step at a Time: Women to Watch