OSCUI staff and industry experts from the Filene Research Institute and CUNA will present an in-depth discussion during the event entitled, “Mergers: The Facts and Realities.”
The panel will discuss ways to avoid mergers, reasons behind mergers and the responsibilities of managers and boards of directors during the merger process. Questions addressed during the webinar will include:
- Why do mergers happen?
- Should merger scenarios be a part of strategic planning?
- Who is responsible for protecting the interests of members during a merger?
- How to maintain viability and avoid administrative mergers?
- How to find the ideal merger partner?
- What is the merger process?
Registration is open online, and the same link will be used to log into the webinar after registration, the NCUA said. Registrants should set their browsers to allow pop-ups from the site.
Participants can submit questions in advance at WebinarQuestions@ncua.gov. The subject line of the email should read “OSCUI Merger Webinar.” For technical questions about accessing the webinar, call (703) 518-6440.