Nine Credit Unions Named to List of Top Teen Accounts
NerdWallet, a personal finance analysis site, recently posted a list of what it believes to be some of the nation’s best teen savings accounts at credit unions.
NerdWallet said it scoured the Internet to find the best savings accounts that fit its strict criteria of low opening deposit, a high interest rate, no monthly fees, and a few extra perks such as free online and mobile banking, gifts, and free online financial education programs.
The list of best teen savings accounts includes:
· $28 million Darden Employees FCU, Orlando, Fla. – iSave.
· $365 million Blackhawk Community CU, Janesville, Wis. – Money Maker Account
· $137 million Matadors Community CU in Northridge, Calif. – Teen $avers
· $817 million Utah Community CU in Provo, Utah – Youth Saver
· $1.5 billion United FCU in Saint Joseph, Mich. – Youth Savings
· $731 million Northeast CU in Portsmouth, N.H. – MyFunds Savings
· $187 million Mid American CU in Wichita, Kan. – Preferred Youth Savings
· $165 million St. Helens Community FCU in Saint Helens, Ore. – Teen Savings
· $50 million Prairieland FCU in Bloomington, Ill. – Teen ADVANTAGE Savings