Most Open CUNA Board Positions Uncontested
Seven out of eight open CUNA board positions will not be contested, and those nominees will be elected by acclamation, according to the trade organization.
The one contested race, in District 2, Class A, will feature incumbent John Graham, president/CEO of the $61.5 million Kentucky Employees CU of Frankfort, Ky., running against nominee Joe Thomas, president/CEO of the $271 million Fairfax County FCU located in Fairfax, Va.
Ballots for the contested position will be sent out Wednesday, and the voting period will run through Jan. 4, 2013. Results will be announced Jan. 9. All new board members will take office Feb. 25 in Washington, D.C. during CUNA’s Governmental Affairs Conference. Other nominees include:
- District 1, Class C: Robert Cashman, president/CEO of the $1.1 billion Metro CU of Chelsea, Mass.
- District 3, Class B: Brad Green, president/CEO of the $577 million Listerhill Employees’ CU of Sheffield, Ala.
- District 6, Class D: Troy Stang, president/CEO of the Northwest Credit Union Association in Federal Way, Wash.
- District 4, Class C: Dennis Pierce, CEO of the $1.86 billion CommunityAmerica CU of Lenexa, Kan.
- District 6, Class A: Susan Streifel, president/CEO of the $90 million Woodstone CU in Federal Way, Wash.
- District 5, Class D: J. Scott Sullivan, president/CEO of the Nebraska Credit Union League of Omaha, Neb.
- District 5, Class B: Incumbent Roger Heacock president/CEO of the $949 million Black Hills FCU of Rapid City, S.D.