Hurricane Sandy: Municipal Credit Union Has Branches Open
The $1.8 billion Municipal Credit Union said Wednesday that its staff has been contending strongly with the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy and that it is trying to alert members to new phone numbers and open branches.
The credit union has established a new phone number (888-220-0320) to alert members to the steadily growing list of open branches:
- 560 Cortland Ave., Bronx
- 755 Co-op City Blvd., Bronx
- Queens Center Mall, 90-15 Queens Blvd, Elmhurst, Queens
- 1560 Flatbush Ave. Brooklyn
- 38 S. Broadway, Yonkers (Westchester)
- 2142 Ralph Ave., Brooklyn
- 280 St. Nicholas Ave. Harlem (Manhattan)
- 160 N. Midland Ave. Nyack (Westchester)
- 350 Jay St., Brooklyn
- 134-66 Springfield Blvd., Springfield Gardens, Queens.
The credit union has 340,000 members and has been hit by complaints of lack of access to accounts online or in person since the devastating storm hit.
- SANDY NEWS: Oct. 31, 2012 New Jersey CUs Begin to Re-Open
- SANDY NEWS: Oct. 31, 2012 SBA Working With FEMA
- SANDY NEWS: Oct. 31, 2012 NJ, NY Leagues Still Await Word
- SANDY NEWS: Oct. 31, 2012 NCUF Activates CUAid
- SANDY NEWS: Oct. 31, 2012 NYC Credit Unions Reeling, React
- SANDY NEWS: Oct. 31, 2012 McGraw-Hill FCU Opens in Aftermath