The New York Credit Union Foundation on Wednesday activated its relief fund to help disaster credit union staff and members impacted by Hurricane Sandy.
The charitable arm of the Credit Union Association of New York said it also is welcoming contributions to the fund from credit unions, chapters, vendors and individuals.
“Early reports from Long Island credit unions have indicated that a few members of their staff have lost their homes, others have experienced serious property damage,” the league said in its announcement.
“I encourage those who can, to support this fund. Even the smallest donation adds up and will help our credit union family, which is still dealing with the devastation Hurricane Sandy has left behind,” said CUANY President/CEO William J. Mellin.
Individuals can contribute online. Credit unions may donate via a funds transfer into the Foundation’s deposit account #221304873, share type #060 through Alloya Corporate FCU’s Premier View or via their Members Services Department at (800) 342-4328. Please e-mail the donation amount and date of transfer to email@example.com.
Checks can be sent payable to the New York Credit Union Foundation-DRF at New York Credit Union Foundation, Disaster Relief Fund, P.O. Box 15118, Albany, NY 12212-5118.
The foundation also is reminding potential donors they can help credit union employees and members across the storm’s vast path by giving to CUAid.
- SANDY NEWS: Oct. 31, 2012 Delaware Ducks Super Storm
- SANDY NEWS: Oct. 31, 2012 CO-OP Pledges $10,000 to CUAid
- SANDY NEWS: Oct. 31, 2012 Battered MCU Re-Opens Branches
- SANDY NEWS: Oct. 31, 2012 New Jersey CUs Begin to Re-Open
- SANDY NEWS: Oct. 31, 2012 SBA Working With FEMA
- SANDY NEWS: Oct. 31, 2012 NJ, NY Leagues Still Await Word
- SANDY NEWS: Oct. 31, 2012 NCUF Activates CUAid
- SANDY NEWS: Oct. 31, 2012 NYC Credit Unions Reeling, React
- SANDY NEWS: Oct. 31, 2012 McGraw-Hill FCU Opens in Aftermath