Hurricane Sandy: New Jersey CUs Battened Down
The New Jersey Credit Union League in Hightstown is closed today and is expected to be closed Tuesday due to Hurricane Sandy, which was inching nearer to landfall on the New Jersey coast as the day wore on.
“A number of New Jersey’s (202) credit unions have indicated they are going to be closed today,” said NJCUL President/CEO Paul Gentile. “Our credit unions are in business continuity mode. They all have plans and we are doing the same thing at the league and hopefully it won’t be as bad. The bulk of the problem is the storm surge. There have been a number of shore towns that have been flooded already.” New Jersey credit unions that need assistance today can still be served. The following is a list of contacts New Jersey credit unions can utilize to receive service in key areas:
- Compliance: Nicola Foggie, email@example.com, (973) 392-1056
- Governmental Affairs: Chris Abeel, firstname.lastname@example.org, (609) 312-1349
- Public Relations: Candice Nigro, email@example.com, (908) 601-7866
- Education: Barbara Agin, firstname.lastname@example.org, (732) 404-7821
- Shared Branching/Products and Services: John Hendery, email@example.com, (609) 312-1027
Sandy currently has sustained winds of 90 mph and its pressure dropped 943 millibars this morning, lower than any pressure recorded in New Jersey history, according to New Jersey media reports.
The National Hurricane Center does not expect the storm to weaken as it approaches the Garden State and forecasts Sandy will reach landfall near Atlantic City sometime tonight.
- SANDY NEWS Oct. 29, 2012 Ongoing Operations Says Client CUs Ready
- SANDY NEWS Oct. 29, 2012 National Federation, MCU Shut in New York
- SANDY NEWS Oct. 29, 2012 Blizzard Begins in West Virginia
- SANDY NEWS Oct. 29, 2012 Navy Federal Closes 20 Branches
- SANDY NEWS Oct. 29, 2012 Connecticut League, Pa. CUs Closed
- SANDY NEWS Oct. 29, 2012 Washington Hunkered Down
- SANDY NEWS Oct. 29, 2012 Storm Shuts Stock Exchanges
- SANDY NEWS Oct. 29, 2012 Help CU Times Cover the Storm
- SANDY NEWS Oct. 29, 2012 PSCU Offers Call Center Help
- SANDY NEWS Oct. 29, 2012 PCUA, Virginia Closings as Storm Looms
- SANDY NEWS Oct. 26, 2012 NCUA Issues Warning, Pledges Help
- SANDY NEWS Oct. 26, 2012 CUNA Mutual, Leagues Brace for Storm
- SANDY NEWS Oct. 26, 2012 NC, RI, NY Leagues Warily Eye Sandy