As part of a recent realignment, the California/Nevada Credit Union League announced it has hired five new senior managers.
They include former Western Bridge Corporate FCU Chief Operating Officer Tony Kitt as the combined leagues’ new senior vice president of strategic innovation and planning.
Kitt will oversee the areas of planning and project management, digital media, and IT/facilities, the leagues said.
Larry Palochik, president/CEO of the $145 million Alta Vista Credit Union of Redlands, Calif., will be the leagues’ senior vice president for member solutions, which includes communications, marketing, education and training, research and collaboration, and CU Business Solutions.
Lynn Athens, former CEO of the $168 million Spectrum FCU in San Francisco, will take the position of vice president of human resources and Collaborative Office Solutions.
Another longtime WesCorp employee, Joe Keller, is the leagues’ new vice president of digital media and C-Sun Studios.
Rodney Wilson also has joined as state legislative and regulatory lobbyist. Wilson comes over from his position as legislative director for Assemblywoman Betsy Butler (D-Los Angeles) and will work from the trade association’s Sacramento office.
The new hire news follows the leagues’ August management shakeup when it let go six employees, including some senior managers.
“These changes have resulted in a better alignment of talent and focus so the leagues can truly provide increasing value and relevance to our member credit unions,” said League President and CEO Diana Dykstra.
The leagues also announced that Senior Vice President of Credit Union Growth and Development Lucy Ito has been promoted to executive vice president and chief operations officer.
Additional promotions include:
- Senior Vice President and CFO: Cindy Cavanaugh
- Vice President, State Governmental Affairs: Melissa Ameluxen
- Vice President, Federal Governmental Affairs: Jeremy Empol
- Vice President, Research & Collaboration: Rita Fillingane
- Manager of Research & Information: Chris Collver
- Manager of Meetings & Conventions: Deanne Figueras
- Senior Graphic Designer: Natalie Moreno
- Manager of Distance Learning & CU Support: Tracy Vasilia
- Manager of Publications: Matt Wrye