WASHINGTON — Cyndy Scott, senior vice president of marketing for the $2.5 billion Tower FCU of Laurel, Md., had her advocacy efforts recognized when she was awarded the 2012 Paul Revere Award Friday during NAFCU’s Congressional Caucus.
“Cyndy has been a tireless advocate for credit unions,” said NAFCU President/CEO Fred Becker. “She goes the extra mile in assisting NAFCU’s legislative and regulatory efforts.”
The award recognizes individuals who regularly and effectively carry the credit union banner, just as Paul Revere was a messenger and symbol for American patriots before and during the Revolutionary War, NAFCU said in a release. It is based on the number of grassroots contacts made by individuals.
Becker said Scott has been “incredibly helpful” in Maryland and Washington, especially for her efforts lobbying on the interchange issue. She has met with members of Congress 10 times during the current session, he said. Scott has served as head of Tower FCU’s marketing division since 2000.
- MORE Caucus coverage: California Clash Over Cash
- MORE Caucus coverage: Sen. Sanders Reaps Boos in Ryan Attack
- MORE Caucus coverage: MBL Vote Seen Unlikely This Year
- MORE Caucus coverage: NAFCU Study Defends Tax Exemption
- MORE Caucus coverage: CFPB Hit, Hugged at Podium
- MORE Caucus coverage: Rep. Clyburn Reassures on ‘Fiscal Cliff’
- MORE Caucus coverage: Day 1 in Pictures
- MORE Caucus coverage: Day 2 in Pictures
- MORE Caucus coverage: Day 3 in Pictures