Massachusetts Executives Honored as 'Credit Union Heroes'
Eleven Massachusetts executives are being recognized as the 2012 Credit Union Heroes by Banker &Tradesman of Boston.
The annual award recognizes individuals who have made outstanding contributions to the industry and the community, giving freely of their time, energy and resources for volunteerism, community service and charity.
The credit union executives were selected by a panel of judges who evaluated dozens of nominations.
“We searched for the best of the best, and these professionals have shown they are deserving of this award through their contributions and efforts both inside and outside of their credit union,” said Timothy Warren Jr., CEO of the Warren Group, which publishes Banker & Tradesman, a regional real estate, banking, industrial and business news operation.
The winners are:
- Charlene Bauer, senior vice president, of business development & community relations at the $ 1 billion Metro Credit Union of Chelsea.
- Paul Swart, senior vice president of retail services at Metro Credit Union.
- Janis Caines, vice president of administration at the $48 million Everett Credit Union of Everett.
- Nicole Curtin, assistant vice president of marketing and communications at the $879 million Workers’ Credit Union of Fitchburg.
- Nancy Seguin, assistant vice president of human resources at Workers’ Credit Union.
- Eugene Foley, president/ CEO of the $399 million Harvard University Employees Credit Union of Cambridge.
- Steven Jones, vice president of community development, CRA officer at the $961 million Jeanne D’Arc Credit Union of Lowell.
- Leo MacNeil, senior vice president of community relations and CRA officer at the $1.8 billion HarborOne Credit Union of Brockton.
- Edward Nunez, business development officer at the $503 million Freedom Credit Union of Springfield.
- Anabela Pereira, president/ CEO of the $40 million Pioneer Valley Federal Credit Union of Springfield.
- Donna Russo, senior vice president of human resources and training at the $4.3 billion Digital Federal Credit Union in Marlborough.
The winners will be honored at the 2012 Credit Union Heroes Awards Dinner at the Hyatt Regency Boston hotel on Sept. 10.