Eighteen credit union executives have been selected to join the Filene Research Institute’s i³ (ideas, innovations, implementation) program, which fosters the development of new ideas and innovations for credit unions.
For the next two years, executives will participate in semi-annual meetings arranged by Filene and be responsible for piloting new ideas at their credit unions.
According to Madison, Wis.-based Filene, its I³ program has helped launch “blockbuster” programs such as Save to Win (prized-based savings accounts), nationwide Savings Challenges (reality TV meets wallet improvement), and Debt in Focus (an anonymous, online financial assessment tool).
The programs, said Filene, have fundamentally improved the way credit unions provide financial guidance to their members.
“While the struggles of consumers and financial institutions are all too real, this environment is perfect for innovation,” said George Hofheimer, Filene’s chief research and innovation officer. “We’re confident that this new group of i³ers has the skills, passion and grit to transform the lives of consumers through credit unions.”
The credit union executives are:
- Megan Armstrong, Saratoga’s Community Federal Credit Union, Saratoga Springs, N.Y.,
- William Azaroff, Vancity, Vancouver, British Columbia,
- Brad Barnes, Air Academy Federal Credit Union, Colorado Springs, Colo.,
- Kayce Bell, Alabama Credit Union, Tuscaloosa, Ala.,
- Marquis Boochee, Xceed Financial Credit Union, El Segundo, Calif.
- Danielle Brehmer, Lake Trust Credit Union, Lansing, Mich.,
- Cindy Brucato, GTE Financial, Tampa, Fla.,
- Taylor Carstens, People’s Trust Federal Credit Union, Houston, Texas,
- Robert Christiansen, Servus Credit Union, Edmonton, Alberta,
- Andrew Downin, Schools First Federal Credit Union, Santa Ana, Calif.,
- Damian Jakubcyzk, Elevators Credit Union, Boulder, Colo.,
- David Klavitter, Dupaco Community Credit Union, Dubuque, Iowa,
- Matt Monge, Mazuma Credit Union, Kansas City, Mo.,
- Andea Mosher, University of Michigan Credit Union, Ann Arbor, Mich.,
- Michael Salerno, America First Credit Union, Ogden, Utah,
- Andrew Spirrison, FORUM Credit Union, Fishers, Ind.,
- Mary Beth Spuck, TwinStar Credit Union, Olympia, Wash., and,
- Denise Wymore, Del Norte Credit Union, Los Alamos, N.M.