A sold-out house was the setting for the recent Senior Pops Orchestra of Long Island concert at the Van Nostrand Theatre at Suffolk Community College. The concert was sponsored by the $4.7 billion Bethpage Federal Credit Union of Bethpage, N.Y., and dedicated to Bethpage's charter members and Grumman employees and their families. The concert featured a medley of classical and pops favorites conducted by Music Director Stephen Michael Smith, including Gershwin and Rodgers and Hammerstein favorites and space themes such as Gustav Holst’s“Jupiter, the Bringer of Jollity” and Richard Strauss¹ “Theme from 2001: A Space Odyssey.”
Senior Pops on Long Island
Want the latest credit union news?
Sign up for our free newsletter today! All the breaking credit union news and information you need to make the right decision for your credit union delivered to your inbox. For free!
Thanks for subscribing, you will start receiving the Daily News Alert tomorrow!
- The 4 Major Designs of the $100 Bill (Slide Show)
- Anonymous May 7 Target List Includes 12 Large Credit Unions
- Theresa Portillo Sentenced to 6½ Years in Prison for Looting Feminist CU
- WesCorp’s Legacy Losses Outpace Other Corporates
- Stacie Wyss-Schoenborn Seeks Innovation One Step at a Time: Women to Watch