If Negotiation Spells Conflict for Women, It Also Spells Transformation
You want something. A raise, a new Mini Cooper, a weekly meeting with your partner, a team that collaborates and produces results.
When you even think about asking for what you want, you’ll notice certain thoughts that cling to your wants like barnacles:
- What if I ask for too much?
- What if they think I’m pushy?
- What if they don’t like my ideas?
- What if I don’t know all the issues?
- What if I appear selfish?
- What if what I want is of no value or significance to them?
- What if they say no?
Well, your fears are well founded. All of the responses above are possible outcomes of asking. This possibility alone is enough to keep us mute and run from the table like our house is on fire. Read complete ForbesWoman SheNegotiates blog post.