The United Way of Broward County has named Mark Holmes, vice president of marketing at Eastern Financial Florida Credit Union, Miramar, Fla., volunteer of the year. Holmes will receive an award during the organization Annual Meeting on May 4. Currently, Holmes serves on the Campaign Cabinet for the United Way of Broward where he volunteers his time to contact local companies and sell them on the benefits of starting an employee contribution campaign. He has promoted the organization and has made personal donations ever since entering the work force. Yvonne Meeks, business development manager for SRP Federal Credit Union, North Augusta, S.C., is this year's recipient of the South Carolina FBLA Businessperson of the Year Award. Meeks was recognized for her work with local area high school FBLA chapters at the South Carolina Future Business Leaders of America conference held in Charleston.
Want the latest credit union news?
Sign up for our free newsletter today! All the breaking credit union news and information you need to make the right decision for your credit union delivered to your inbox. For free!
Thanks for subscribing, you will start receiving the Daily News Alert tomorrow!
- The 4 Major Designs of the $100 Bill (Slide Show)
- Anonymous May 7 Target List Includes 12 Large Credit Unions
- Theresa Portillo Sentenced to 6½ Years in Prison for Looting Feminist CU
- WesCorp’s Legacy Losses Outpace Other Corporates
- Stacie Wyss-Schoenborn Seeks Innovation One Step at a Time: Women to Watch