POTTSTOWN, Pa. - On March 15, over 140 elementary students from all five Pottstown elementary schools participated in the Reading Olympics program, which Diamond Credit Union sponsored. Students collaborated with their teammates to read 45 books that were selected by a committee of librarians, reading specialists and classroom teachers. Then they competed in a rapid recall question and answer session about the books they read. Diamond provided financial support for the program and the funds purchased books, team T-shirts and transportation to events for the students. The Pottstown School Districts' Reading Olympics program was designed to help students develop a desire and love of reading.
Diamond Credit Union Sponsors Area Reading Olympics
Want the latest credit union news?
Sign up for our free newsletter today! All the breaking credit union news and information you need to make the right decision for your credit union delivered to your inbox. For free!
Thanks for subscribing, you will start receiving the Daily News Alert tomorrow!
- The 4 Major Designs of the $100 Bill (Slide Show)
- Anonymous May 7 Target List Includes 12 Large Credit Unions
- Theresa Portillo Sentenced to 6½ Years in Prison for Looting Feminist CU
- WesCorp’s Legacy Losses Outpace Other Corporates
- Stacie Wyss-Schoenborn Seeks Innovation One Step at a Time: Women to Watch