SAN MATEO, Calif. - U.S. First FCU has received approval from the California Department of Financial Institutions to convert from a federal to a state community charter. With its new charter, the $121 million credit union will include in its field of membership the counties of San Mateo, San Francisco and Marin while continuing to serve more than 200 existing select employer groups. U.S. First CU was chartered in 1937 as Pan Am FCU. It has more than 81,000 members.
California's U.S. First FCU Approved for State Community Charter
Want the latest credit union news?
Sign up for our free newsletter today! All the breaking credit union news and information you need to make the right decision for your credit union delivered to your inbox. For free!
Thanks for subscribing, you will start receiving the Daily News Alert tomorrow!
- The 4 Major Designs of the $100 Bill (Slide Show)
- Anonymous May 7 Target List Includes 12 Large Credit Unions
- Theresa Portillo Sentenced to 6½ Years in Prison for Looting Feminist CU
- WesCorp’s Legacy Losses Outpace Other Corporates
- Stacie Wyss-Schoenborn Seeks Innovation One Step at a Time: Women to Watch