WASHINGTON - The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development headquarters suffered water and smoke damage on the four floors of the 10-story building from what was described as a "minor" fire early in the morning May 28. Cleanup efforts are currently underway. HUD officials say the water damage was limited to some desktop computers, furniture, carpet and ceiling tiles. No servers or IT mainframes were affected. According to HUD, District of Columbia fire units responded to the 4 a.m. May 28th fire that officials first believed was caused by electrical equipment overheating near a desk. No one, except security officials, was in the building at the time of the fire.
HUD Cleaning Up After Water, Smoke Damage from "Minor" Fire
Want the latest credit union news?
Sign up for our free newsletter today! All the breaking credit union news and information you need to make the right decision for your credit union delivered to your inbox. For free!
Thanks for subscribing, you will start receiving the Daily News Alert tomorrow!