AUSTIN, Texas - Barbara Sheffield, president/CEO of Members Choice CU, Houston, was appointed to the Texas Credit Union Commission by Gov. Rick Perry. Created by an act of legislation in 1997, the nine-member commission includes five public and four credit union industry members. No bank, savings bank or savings & loan representatives are allowed to serve on the Commission. It is responsible for supervising the Texas Credit Union Department whose functions include the supervision and regulation of all credit unions organized and chartered under the law of the State of Texas. Sheffield currently serves as sub-committee chair of the Texas Credit Union League Legislative and Regulatory Advisory Committee. She is also on the board of the Texas Credit Union Foundation.
Members Choice CU President Joins Texas CU Commission
Want the latest credit union news?
Sign up for our free newsletter today! All the breaking credit union news and information you need to make the right decision for your credit union delivered to your inbox. For free!
Thanks for subscribing, you will start receiving the Daily News Alert tomorrow!
- The 4 Major Designs of the $100 Bill (Slide Show)
- Anonymous May 7 Target List Includes 12 Large Credit Unions
- Theresa Portillo Sentenced to 6½ Years in Prison for Looting Feminist CU
- WesCorp’s Legacy Losses Outpace Other Corporates
- Stacie Wyss-Schoenborn Seeks Innovation One Step at a Time: Women to Watch