CHANDLER, Ariz. - The Association of Corporate Credit Union's annual conference in Chandler, Arizona held last week featured a presentation from Kevin Warsh, Special Assistant to the President for Economic Policy. The Association of Corporate Credit Unions has been trying to raise corporates' political profile on Capitol Hill, and what better way then to have political players like Warsh speak at your conference. Warsh reiterated the Bush administration's support of the tax exemption and touched on the NCUA board situation. "The President remains strongly committed to ensuring the tax exempt status of credit unions. The President looks forward to making appointments to the Administration's financial institution regulatory agencies when Congress returns next year," he said.
Warsh Firms Up President's CU Support
Want the latest credit union news?
Sign up for our free newsletter today! All the breaking credit union news and information you need to make the right decision for your credit union delivered to your inbox. For free!
Thanks for subscribing, you will start receiving the Daily News Alert tomorrow!
- The 4 Major Designs of the $100 Bill (Slide Show)
- Anonymous May 7 Target List Includes 12 Large Credit Unions
- Theresa Portillo Sentenced to 6½ Years in Prison for Looting Feminist CU
- WesCorp’s Legacy Losses Outpace Other Corporates
- Stacie Wyss-Schoenborn Seeks Innovation One Step at a Time: Women to Watch