PORTLAND, Ore. - Oregon Governor Theodore Kulongoski wrote Portland Teachers CU President/CEO Cliff Dias recently thanking him for the CU's efforts in combating payday lenders and check cashers in the state. The letter specifically cited the CU's new Payday Advantage Loan which was designed as an alternative to payday lenders and check cashers. Last month the Oregon regulator admonished Oregon CUs for not doing more to combat the payday lenders and check cashers in the state. "I was delighted to learn of your new product, the "Payday Advantage Loan," which will provide your members a lower-rate alternative to traditional payday lending. It appears Portland Teachers spent a great deal of time putting together a thoughtful alternative that will provide great service to your extensive membership," wrote Governor Kulongoski.
Portland Teachers CU's Payday Advantage Loan Earns Kudos From Governor
Want the latest credit union news?
Sign up for our free newsletter today! All the breaking credit union news and information you need to make the right decision for your credit union delivered to your inbox. For free!
Thanks for subscribing, you will start receiving the Daily News Alert tomorrow!
- The 4 Major Designs of the $100 Bill (Slide Show)
- Anonymous May 7 Target List Includes 12 Large Credit Unions
- Theresa Portillo Sentenced to 6½ Years in Prison for Looting Feminist CU
- WesCorp’s Legacy Losses Outpace Other Corporates
- Stacie Wyss-Schoenborn Seeks Innovation One Step at a Time: Women to Watch