BALTIMORE- Rod Staatz has been appointed by the board of directors of State Employees CU of Maryland to succeed Teresa Halleck as SECU's new president/CEO. Staatz's appointment was effective May 12. Halleck left SECU last year to work as president/CEO of the Golden 1 CU in California. She succeeded Stan Hollen who resigned to work at Liberty Enterprises as the company's president/CEO. Staatz has over 26 years of experience working in the financial services industry. Most recently he was president/CEO of University of Wisconsin CU in Madison. Prior to that, he held various executive positions at credit unions in Colorado, Washington and California such as executive vice president/COO of Bellco First FCU in Denver, Colo.
Staatz Appointed President/CEO, SECU of Maryland
Want the latest credit union news?
Sign up for our free newsletter today! All the breaking credit union news and information you need to make the right decision for your credit union delivered to your inbox. For free!
Thanks for subscribing, you will start receiving the Daily News Alert tomorrow!
- The 4 Major Designs of the $100 Bill (Slide Show)
- Anonymous May 7 Target List Includes 12 Large Credit Unions
- Theresa Portillo Sentenced to 6½ Years in Prison for Looting Feminist CU
- WesCorp’s Legacy Losses Outpace Other Corporates
- Stacie Wyss-Schoenborn Seeks Innovation One Step at a Time: Women to Watch