WASHINGTON-The message credit unions need to continue on the Hill with regard to bankruptcy reform is simple, according to Judiciary Committee Chairman Jim Sensenbrenner (R-Wis.): "We want a law." He also serves as the bankruptcy conference committee chairman. "After five years of considering bankruptcy, the time has come to enact the bankruptcy reform package as represented in the conference committee report into law and you want to see the president of the United States waving a pen around within the next month," Sensenbrenner urged during NAFCU's Congressional Caucus. He later told reporters that he is the only lawmaker he is aware of encouraging Majority Leader Dick Armey (R-Texas) to schedule a vote on H.R. 333. "We have the votes, we should vote," he said. -email@example.com
Bankruptcy conference chairman tells FCUs to keep up the drumbeat on the Hill
Want the latest credit union news?
Sign up for our free newsletter today! All the breaking credit union news and information you need to make the right decision for your credit union delivered to your inbox. For free!
Thanks for subscribing, you will start receiving the Daily News Alert tomorrow!
- The 4 Major Designs of the $100 Bill (Slide Show)
- Anonymous May 7 Target List Includes 12 Large Credit Unions
- Theresa Portillo Sentenced to 6½ Years in Prison for Looting Feminist CU
- WesCorp’s Legacy Losses Outpace Other Corporates
- Stacie Wyss-Schoenborn Seeks Innovation One Step at a Time: Women to Watch